ChatLog Mod Download Links. ChatLog Mod makes use of the modding API. You have to install Minecraft forge very first to use this mod. We don’t modify or edit the files in any way! The download links have been updated every 3 times, which means you can always get the last version! If you have any issues, please make a comment below, and we will help you.
Instructions for installing ChatLog Mod step by step:
You must install Minecraft Forge first, in order to use this mod. Follow 7 steps below to install the mod. Note: With this mod may require other mods to work; see details below.
- The very first thing to do is make certain you installed Minecraft Forge.
- Run Minecraft with Forge installed at least once to generate the necessary files and folders.
- Download the mod using the link below.
- Locate the Minecraft Application Folder:
On Windows: open Run from the start menu, type %appdata%.minecraft and click Run.
On MAC OS X: open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for minecraft.
- Place ChatLog Mod file Jar into your Mods folder. If you don’t have one, create it now.
- Play Minecraft with the latest Forge version, or the version of your choice.
- Have fun!
What is ChatLog Mod ?
ChatLog Mod for Minecraft‘has so many amazing features which you will definitely enjoy! With this mod, you can do so many fantastic things, your adventure will be more interesting!
- Saves all chat, automatically, to a folder called “chatlogs” in .minecraft
- Only one class file
- Saves colors!
- Several color themes to select from
- Doesn’t send anything to the server, meaning it won’t say anything in your place
- You won’t even notice it’s there
- Compatible with most other mods
- Does not require ModLoader or Forge
- All messages are timestamped
- Configuration file (.minecraftconfigChatLog.properties)
New in version 2.0 (currently only Forge):
- //cl command – type “//cl” in-game for help
- Filter messages using powerful regular expressions
- Turn logging on or off completely
How to install:
Non Forge version:
- Open the new launcher and make sure the version of Minecraft the mod requires is already installed.
- Click ‘Edit Profile’ in the launcher, then open the game directory.
- Go into the subfolder ‘versions’.
- Rename the folder for the version you require to something else. In this example, rename ‘1.7.10? to ‘1.7.10_chatlog’.
- Open the 1.7.10_chatlog folder.
- Rename ‘1.7.10.jar’ to ‘1.7.10_chatlog.jar’.
- Rename ‘1.7.10.json’ to ‘1.7.10_chatlog.json’.
- Open ‘1.7.10_chatlog.json’ with a text editor and replace ‘id’:’1.7.10? with ‘id’:’1.7.10_chatlog’, save the file and close it.
- Open the class files from the mod with an archiver such as WinRAR or 7-Zip and copy-paste the files into 1.7.10_chatlog.jar. Do not close the archiver yet.
- Delete META-INF and close the archiver.
- Start the new launcher.
- Click ‘Edit Profile’
- In ‘Use Version’, select ‘1.7.10_chatlog’.
- Click Save Profile.
- Login and play as normal.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge (If use Forge version)
- Download ChatLog Mod
- Browse to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft/bin and open your minecraft.jar with winrar.
- Delete the META-INF folder
- Drag ChatLog Mod jar file into your minecraft.jar.
This mod supports configuration and will upon first use create a properties file at .minecraftconfigChatLog.properties. This file currently contains two configurable settings:
- max_logs: The maximum amount of logs the mod can store. The mod creates one new log per day Minecraft has been played and has received chat. Setting this to 0 will store only today’s log, and setting it to -1 will store an infinite number of logs. The actual amount of logs stored by the mod might vary slightly. If you want to limit the mod to a strict maximum value you should set it to 1 lower than your intended value. If you set the value to 40, it will store the last 40 logs. If it’s the first time per day you play Minecraft, it will generate a 41st log, but it will reduce to 40 on next launch the same day.
- color_pack: Which color pack to use. Current available color packs: 0 (default) and 1 (dark). Changes to the color pack will not affect already received messages and logs.
- enabled: Whether or not to log anything at all.
- filters: Don’t edit this manually. Contains filtering information for ChatLog. Edit in-game using //cl filter (type “//cl filter?” for help).
- logflags: Whether or not to log message flags (F = filtered message, S = control message (system message))
As new updates come, new options may be included. This will be listed in the changelog at the bottom of this post. If the mod cannot find these settings in the properties file, it will use a default value. To configure newer settings, it is recommended that you reset the configuration by deleting it (also, keep a backup). Directly adding the new options to the configuration file might work, but can produce unexpected result and even game crashes. (To fix this, undo your changes or delete the configuration file.)
Where are chat logs stored?
Chat logs are stored in the ./chatlogs folder of .minecraft_classic. To find this folder, on Windows; press Ctrl+R, enter “%appdata%/.minecraft_classic/chatlogs” and press Enter. On Mac, navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft_classic/chatlogs. On Linux, navigate to ~/.minecraft_classic/chatlogs.
Note: Minecraft mods files in java are safe without viruses, We do not modify or edit the files in any way! The download links are updated every 3 days so you always get the last version! If you have any problems, please leave a comment below and we will help you.
Minecraft Forge (Modding API) Installation:
- Quick download Minecraft forge
- Select the Minecraft forge you want to download.
- Click ok to install (Requires computer to install Java).
- Wait for the system to install Minecraft Forge.
- After successful installation, you will receive a notification.
- Open Run By keyboard shortcuts (Windows+R), type %appdate% to open .minecraft folder
- Create a new folder and name it Mods. If not, create a folder called Mods.
- Run with forge, You will see Minecraft Forge in the lower-left corner and the Mods button under Multiplayer.
- Now, launch Minecraft with Forge profile!
If you have any questions about ChatLog Mod , please comment below the article; we will support