Lost Books Mod Download Links. Lost Books Mod makes use of the modding API. You have to install Minecraft forge very first to use this mod. We don’t modify or edit the files in any way! The download links have been updated every 3 times, which means you can always get the last version! If you have any issues, please make a comment below, and we will help you.
Instructions for installing Lost Books Mod step by step:
You must install Minecraft Forge first, in order to use this mod. Follow 7 steps below to install the mod. Note: With this mod may require other mods to work; see details below.
- The very first thing to do is make certain you installed Minecraft Forge.
- Run Minecraft with Forge installed at least once to generate the necessary files and folders.
- Download the mod using the link below.
- Locate the Minecraft Application Folder:
On Windows: open Run from the start menu, type %appdata%.minecraft and click Run.
On MAC OS X: open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for minecraft.
- Place Lost Books Mod file Jar into your Mods folder. If you don’t have one, create it now.
- Play Minecraft with the latest Forge version, or the version of your choice.
- Have fun!
What is Lost Books Mod?
What is Lost Books Mod?
Are you glad that books can finally be written in, but upset that there aren’t any to read? Well, good sir or madam, download Lost Books and get ready for fun – with books!
This mod adds a chance for monsters to drop randomly books out of a set of books that anyone can create with ease! Books can even support randomized words for books similar to automatically generated Mad Libs!
Every single book, the drop rates, and some conditions can be customized in a handsome properties file! The properties file is generated in your .minecraft/config directory and book files can be found in the .minecraft/config/LostBooks directory.
This mod uses vanilla writable books to add a whole new experience to the game – finding random books, filled with whatever you want. The default book drop rate is 3%, with a 40% chance of the book being unique, 20% chance of being common, 20% chance of being ad lib, and a 20% chance of being a previously lost book.
There are four types of book in this mod: common, unique, ad lib, and lost.
- Common: These books can be dropped any number of times. Pretty simple.
- Unique: These books can only be dropped or picked up under certain circumstances, determined by your porperties file.
- By default, a unique book will only drop if at least one player in the world has not picked that book up, and players can not pick up a unique book they have already picked up (only applies to books dropped by mobs).
- In addition, unique books will say “Unique” in blue text under the author. This helps players know which books they can not easily get again (and can be turned off).
- Ad Lib: These books can be dropped any number of times, and their stories are generated each time they are dropped, rather than just once when Minecraft is loaded, as with other books.
- Each time one of these stories is loaded, some text is generated based on the world or randomly pulled from your words files to fill ‘blanks’ in the book, making them different each time they are dropped.
- Lost: When a book is dropped on the ground and not picked up or destroyed for five minutes, it can become lost. The default chance for the book to be saved from item decay and dropped again is 100%. Each lost book can only be dropped once (can be saved again if not picked up) or show up in one villager trade.
Lost Books Mod’Installation:
- Download’Minecraft Forge
- Right click, Run as Administrator and press OK to install Forge. (You can skip this step if you’ve installed Minecraft Forge)
- Open Start on desktop => Open Run (Or you can use the Windows +R keyboard shortcut)
- Type %appdata% into Run and press enter
- Go to folder /.minecraft/mods
- Put the jar file of’Lost Books Mod‘into mods folder and then run Minecraft. Done!
Lost Books Mod Download Links:
Note: Minecraft mods files in java are safe without viruses, We do not modify or edit the files in any way! The download links are updated every 3 days so you always get the last version! If you have any problems, please leave a comment below and we will help you.
Minecraft Forge (Modding API) Installation:
- Quick download Minecraft forge
- Select the Minecraft forge you want to download.
- Click ok to install (Requires computer to install Java).
- Wait for the system to install Minecraft Forge.
- After successful installation, you will receive a notification.
- Open Run By keyboard shortcuts (Windows+R), type %appdate% to open .minecraft folder
- Create a new folder and name it Mods. If not, create a folder called Mods.
- Run with forge, You will see Minecraft Forge in the lower-left corner and the Mods button under Multiplayer.
- Now, launch Minecraft with Forge profile!
If you have any questions about Lost Books Mod, please comment below the article; we will support