OptiLeaves Mod Download Links. OptiLeaves Mod makes use of the modding API. You have to install Minecraft forge very first to use this mod. We don’t modify or edit the files in any way! The download links have been updated every 3 times, which means you can always get the last version! If you have any issues, please make a comment below, and we will help you.
Instructions for installing OptiLeaves Mod step by step:
You must install Minecraft Forge first, in order to use this mod. Follow 7 steps below to install the mod. Note: With this mod may require other mods to work; see details below.
- The very first thing to do is make certain you installed Minecraft Forge.
- Run Minecraft with Forge installed at least once to generate the necessary files and folders.
- Download the mod using the link below.
- Locate the Minecraft Application Folder:
On Windows: open Run from the start menu, type %appdata%.minecraft and click Run.
On MAC OS X: open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for minecraft.
- Place OptiLeaves Mod file Jar into your Mods folder. If you don’t have one, create it now.
- Play Minecraft with the latest Forge version, or the version of your choice.
- Have fun!
What is OptiLeaves Mod ?
OptiLeaves Mod for Minecraft changes leaves in Minecraft, so they are rendered in a faster, much more efficient way. Depending on your system, it can might be able to significantly boost your framerate!
Here is a comparison between Vanilla Fancy leaves and OptiLeaves:
OptiLeaves Disabled: (A sluggy 8 FPS when in Normal Render distance)
OptiLeaves Enabled: (Same settings, plus OptiLeaves, 21 FPS. Not bad considering the last one was 8 FPS!)
Usually, I also use Optifine and run it on Short graphics without any fog, usually I can get a nice 40-60 FPS when I use the mod! If you’ve ever looked inside a tree on Fancy graphics you’ll notice that there is a lot of unnecessary leave block faces rendering inside it. This is incredibly wasteful, and slows down your game. OptiLeaves removes this. Here is a tree close up with OptiLeaves on:
If you take a look, you’ll see how it appears more empty inside. Usually you won’t notice it unless you look right inside of it while playing, but it really helps Minecraft perform better.
This should be compatible with any mod that doesn’t modify the BlockLeaves class (aow.class in Minecraft 1.6.2). This is 100% compatible with OptiFine as well, and having these both is an awesome combo of mods
How to install:
- Perform any backup procedures if you’d like
- Open your versions folder
- Find the moddable minecraft version you want to use (If you haven’t, read the directions to make one! You cannot use the one labelled as your Minecraft version, it will not work!)
- Open up the .jar file in something which can open jars, like WinRAR, 7zip, or WinZip
- IMPORTANT: Remove the META-INF folder if you haven’t yet
- Open up the .zip file OptiLeaves comes in, and drag and drop the class file in. Make sure you replace the minecraft’s original class file if it asks you to.
- Open up the Minecraft Launcher, select the profile you installed OptiLeaves to, and play! If you get any startup crashes, post the crash log in a reply to this thread. Be absolutely sure you’re using the correct OptiLeaves version for your Minecraft version, and that you deleted the META-INF folder.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
Mod Download Links:
For 1.7.10 (Not compatible with Forge)
Note: Minecraft mods files in java are safe without viruses, We do not modify or edit the files in any way! The download links are updated every 3 days so you always get the last version! If you have any problems, please leave a comment below and we will help you.
Minecraft Forge (Modding API) Installation:
- Quick download Minecraft forge
- Select the Minecraft forge you want to download.
- Click ok to install (Requires computer to install Java).
- Wait for the system to install Minecraft Forge.
- After successful installation, you will receive a notification.
- Open Run By keyboard shortcuts (Windows+R), type %appdate% to open .minecraft folder
- Create a new folder and name it Mods. If not, create a folder called Mods.
- Run with forge, You will see Minecraft Forge in the lower-left corner and the Mods button under Multiplayer.
- Now, launch Minecraft with Forge profile!
If you have any questions about OptiLeaves Mod , please comment below the article; we will support